Thursday, December 13, 2007

Scrappy Mail - ATC's

I wrote the title to this post and then thought - you know, that could be taken the wrong way, but scrappers know what I mean. :) A while back I signed up for an ATC swap at ScrapShotz. This week I recieved my ATC's from the swap. I have to track my DD down to get some pictures for me to post.

I had heard about ATC's on the scrapping boards but I had never actually seen one. I was curious about them and went searching. ATC's are Artist Trading Cards. They are like baseball cards for scrappers. :) Seriously. They are the size of baseball cards and scrappers make them and trade them withone another. ATC swaps are often arranged on scrapping boards. Sometimes the swaps are set up such that everyone that signs up for the swap has to make enough ATC's so that everyone can get one, though this is not always the case. Often there is a theme given for the cards, but once again that is not always the case.

I had noticed that there were ATC swaps on the ScrapShotz board and I watched with interest. I finally decided to give it a try, though I really didn't have a clue what I was getting into. For this swap everyone that signed up only had to make 3 ATC's. The organizer was going to collect them all send send everyone out 3 different ATC's when they all were recieved. I figured I could manage to make 3 ATC's. There also was a theme - snowflakes. At the time I had my sister's embossing supplies and I figured I could do something with her snowflake stamp and embossing supplies. I played with a number of different designs until I finally decided on one. I took a picture of mine before I sent them off but it didn't turn out that great. I may try to find it and post it later.

The ATC's that I recieved are wonderful! Mine are from Ladybug1, Corinne, and Wendy. Each of them are so unique and beautiful.

Problem is, now I'm wondering what all the others are like and wishing that it had been one of those swaps where you got one of all of the designs. :) Oh well. I may just have to give this a try again.

No comments: