Monday, July 14, 2008

Productive weekend!

Boy did I have fun this weekend! Spurred on by two online crops, I decided to check out recent challenges on a number of online boards I am on and I tried my hand at creating projects that filled a number of challenges at once. I love doing that!

I started off easy with just a simple card that only filled the requirements for one challenge. This one was a challenge to scraplift a bug on the Scrapping Bug. I decided to scraplift Ally's card "Nuts About You" and here's what I created:


I managed to combine two challenges into the next creation. The challenge on the Scrapping Bug was to make a card using the bug colors - red, black, green, yellow, white. At Lil' Scrappers Michy had posted a picture of a girl, wearing red shoes, a black jacket, a green dress, and yellow belt, standing on a rock in a garden and our challenge was to take inspiration from that picture to create a card or layout. Made for an easy combination. Here's what I did:



The three card set I created was inspired by three different challenges. One of the Scrapping Bug's challenges was do pick a DT challenge from the last three months to do. I chose Ally's June card challenge to create 3 cards, each with a different theme, and a container for the cards. At Scrapbooking Fanatics Nicole had posted a challenge to make a set of cards. At Lil' Scrappers Carla had posted a card sketch challenge and I decided to use Carla's sketch as inspiration for the cards for the set. Here's what I made:



The next creation was made for a Fast Scrap at CompuPro Scrapbooking. What a fun challenge! They posted a sketch and we had one hour to create a layout inspired by the sketch. I didn't have time to try to combine other challenges into this one because I was half an hour late discovering the challenge so I actually only had half an hour to do it. Here's what I did:



My one digi layout this weekend was inspired by another quick challenge at CompuPro Scrapbooking. It was a race to see who would be the first to create and post a layout of someone in a bathing suit, preferably a bikini. I didn't win the race but I did get a layout created. The background paper is by April Staker of Digi Ape Designs and the sunglasses are from ScrapGirls. The rest is mine. Here's how it turned out:



I managed to combine four challenges in the next creation. At the Scrapping Bug there was a challenge to do a layout with no humans in the photos used on it. At Lil' Scrappers Aimee's July challenge was to do a layout about a favorite thing of summer. Based on these two challenges I decided to do a layout about my parent's summer cabin and boat. I found the perfect picture for it. I decided to use Kristine Davidson's sketch posted in the 72hr sketch challenge at CompuPro Scrapbooking for design inspiration for the layout. At ScrapShotz Neisey's July challenge was to choose one inspirational element and repeat it three times. I decided to use one of the patterned papers three different ways in the layout. I used one of the patterned papers that I used in the layout to make the letters for the title and also to make a flower. In her Blurfing Friday post, Deanne had posted a link to a Little Plaid Flower Tutorial and that inspired me to make the flower. I didn't have the punch used in the tutorial so instead I traced around a chipboard flower onto the patterned paper and cut it out. I used the trick in the tutorial to give the flower some shape. I used a smaller prima flower as the center, and then a brad. Here's the end result:



My next creation is really different. At CompuPro Scrapbooking I was given a challenge to create a layout about a moment without a picture. If you're a regular reader of this blog you know that I have ben cameraless for over a year now. There have been many moments during the past year that I wished I had a camera to get a picture. This challenge inspired me to pick some of those moments from the past couple of months and journal about them and turn the journaling into a layout. Sounded crazy at first but I really like the idea now and I may do it some more. I managed to combine three other challenges into the layout. I decided to use Sheri's sketch in the Bug Sketch challenge at the Scrapping Bug as inspiration for the design of the layout. One of the moment's I was journaling about was Canada Day so I decided to use Martina's Scrapbooking Fanatics July DT challenge to use red and white and/or a maple leaf on a layout as inspiration for the colors of the layout. I even used a maple stamp on the journaling circle for the Canada Day moment. Nonie's July DT challenge at ScrapShotz was to use something that isn't a typical scrapbooking supply on a layout or card. A certain kind of icecream that we buy has a scalloped circle cardboard inset in the cover and I had been eyeing it for a while thinking it would make a great addition to a layout. It fit perfect with the sketch so I covered one with patterned paper and used it as one of the journaling circles. The end result of all of that is the following layout called Missed Photo Ops:



The last layout I completed today and it was inspired by four different challenges. At the Scrapping Bug there was a challenge to make a title from letters provided. I really struggled with this one but I finally came up with one. I decided to use Kristin's Davidson's sketch in the "Just 'Cause" contest at Creative Scrappers as inspiration for the design of the layout. Inspired by the CompuPro Scrapbooking challenge to make your own polka dot background paper I used my versamark ink pad and a sheet of paper hole reinforcement circles to make my own background paper for the layout. Carla's June 25th Layout challenge at Lil' Scrappers was to use four rules to make a layout - no paper layering, one color scheme, bling, and at least one sticker. The sketch didn't involve paper layering so I thought I could incorporate this challenge into the design too. Here's how it ended up:



There were six challenges posted for The Scrapping Bug's "Last Minute Crop" this weekend and I managed to do them all! There were a nine numbered challenges posted for CompuPro Scrapbooking's "Yellow Polka Dot Bikini Crop, but there were a number of other challenges thrown in too, including 4 fast scrap challenges. I managed to do a number of them, but we have until June 20th to do them all so I'll probably get more done yet.

I managed to get pictures of my creations to upload for this post because I borrowed a camera. I also took pictures of other creations that I've made but haven't posted yet so I'll probably post them in the following days. It feels so good to be able to do that!

Hope you enjoyed checking out my creations and finding out how I combine challenges. It's fun to do.

3 comments:

Jean Marie said...

Great work Jacqueline...so nice to see :)!!

Deanne Clarke said...

Jacqueline, you did an awesome job there!!! Love everything! Isn't it FUN combining challenges from diff forums!!! I find that exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow... you are one busy lady!! I love your cards (and since I am partial to dots, you know I love the first one best!!)