Thursday, July 17, 2008

Garden Gate Mini Album


Back in June, as part of Lil' Scrappers Second Online Crop, Aimee posted a Garden Gate Mini Album Make 'n' Take. I loved the project and loved what everyone created. I didn't get to work on it until after the crop but I did post about it earlier when I was working on it.


As I said in that post I found these great instructions for this project on the Funky Phresh Blog. They were a little different than the instructions Aimee posted and I actually did mine more like the blog instructions. I really loved the peeled paint technique which she described on her blog. It was so easy to do, and I love the look of it.


I made a slight change to my Mini Album. I added a ribbon to hold it together. Before I put the backings on the chipboard covers, I put an 18' piece of ribbon under it. It holds the back of the album together so it's more like a book than an accordian and it also functions for a closure, by wrapping it around the gate "handle" brad at the opening of the album.


I made this for my sister and she loves it! She has a beautiful garden and she's going to take pictures all season long and put them in at the end of the season. She's instructed me that I have to make her one every year!

5 comments:

Deanne Clarke said...

That is gorgeous! I love it!

scratch said...

Hey Jac!

I think you may like my garden as much as I do! I have been busy going out and takin' snaps whenever I see something 'happening'...can't wait to fill up the album. I do LOVE the album...super job (as per usual!).

Jackie Plank said...

Wow girl you sure have been busy, love your card sets and all your layouts. This mini album really rocks!

peata said...

oh i like this very much.
a garden gate.... hmm

scrapbook-crazy - mini scrapbook blog
make a mini album

Jean Marie said...

Love this Jacqueline ..what a great gift!TFS the link!