Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Scrappy Creations



The layout above was inspired by a few different challenges that I came across this weekend. At Scrapbooking Fanatics Friday Night Crop, the first challenge was a sketch challenge to use the Becky Fleck sketch posted. I loved the sketch and found the perfect pictures for it. At CompuPro Scrapbooking they had an "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" crop happening and one of the challenges was to use something real and something fake on your layout. I used a real piece of chipboard that I inked yellow, but I also traced the chipboard onto patterned paper and cut it out and used that underneath the chipboard. Also, I used a real leaf embellishment, but I also traced around the leaf onto two different patterned papers and cut those out and used those too. Sisterhood of Scrap had a Blog Crop happening and one of the challenges was to use an embellishment cluster. That inspired me to put all the embellishments together in the layout.

The pretty bow below was inspired by a couple of challenges too. ScrapShotz has a monthly Scrappy Hour and in this month's scrappy hour on Friday night Virginia shared instructions on how to make a paper bow. A Make 'n' Take challenge in the crop at CompuPro this weekend included much the same instructions so this morning I finally found the time to follow the instructions and make the bow. I made it pink for my Little One, whose third birthday is today. This is a real easy project and I will be making more. I'm hoping to find the time to try making a smaller version.



The rest of my creations from this weekend are all meant to be Christmas tree ornaments but truthfully I will not be using them on my Christmas tree. Maybe it's because DH is fire chief but I'm leery of putting paper ornaments on a tree along with Christmas lights. It may be a perfectly safe thing to do, but I'm not willing to take the chance. I may try to incorporate them into decorations elsewhere in the house, such as hanging from swags in doorways, where they will not have any chance of being near any source of heat. We'll see.

The circle globe below was also inspired by a couple of challenges. A while back Lil' Scrappers had a 5th Anniversary Celebration Crop. I didn't get a chance to do any of the challenges at that time but I did record them to hopefully come back to later. This weekend one of the challenges in the CompuPro Crop was to make a Christmas Ornament using 10 circles. This reminded me of Carla's Make n Take challenge in the Lil' Scrappers crop, except you had to use 20 circles. I followed the instructions in the Lil' Scrappers crop and made the creation below. I my try my hand at the other instructions later. Someone in the CompuPro Forum mentioned that they've seen these made with photos and I'm thinking I'd like to give that a try, if I find the time.



Friday someone in one of the forums I frequent, I can't remember which one, pointed out this Christmas Photo Ornament blog post. I had to give it a try and my creation is below. I'm not thrilled with it, but I may try it again. This one was a bit of a rush job just to try it out. It's real easy to do and she gives the instructions in her post.



Later in the weekend a bonus challenge in the CompuPro crop was very much like the photo ornament, except it's just made with patterned paper and the instructions are a little different. The creation below was made for that challenge. It would look much nicer with double sided paper.



And it looks pretty good when it's spinning. :)

4 comments:

Jean Marie said...

Happy Birthday to your little one!!

Love all your new creations!!

Unknown said...

Jac, you are the queen of combining challenges!! WTG!
Love the embellishment cluster!

I've got to go check out how to make that paper bow. It looks awesome!

Deanne Clarke said...

Great stuff there Jacqueline!!! I especially love the paper bow!!! That's really cool!!

Jackie Plank said...

Jacqueline these are totally awesome!!!