Monday, October 22, 2007

Christmas Card Crop

Thanks to the two great crops I participated in this weekend, I had a very productive scrapping weekend. I made 9 Christmas cards and 3 layouts. I also started one mini album and have plans in my head for more mini albums, cards, and layouts, but I didn't have time to do any more this weekend.

The 9 completed cards are thanks to ScrapShotz's "12 Cards of Christmas and a Mini-album in a Pear Tree" Crop. At first I wasn't sure how much I was actually going to get to do because my one and only Christmas/Winter related stamp is a snowflake. I have absolutely no Christmas sentiment stamps and the alphabet stamps that I have are really too big to make them to fit the cards, but I came up with an alternative that I hadn't thought of before and I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I printed what I wanted using a program on my computer! Anyway, here's my cards:

This one was inspired by Julie's CrissCross Card Challenge. Julie posted great instructions for making this unique card style. I used yummy paper that Carla sent me in a wonderful Rak last week. Thanks again, Carla! The card is actually like a little pocket into which you insert a notecard type thing. The picture shows the card tucked in the pocket and then out of the pocket.



Jen's Whimsical Monochromatic Card challenge was the inspiration for this one. The stamped image was part of teh RAK from Carla. I colored it using pastels and added some glitter to it.



Carla's 5 Step, 5 Minute Christmas Card Challenge took me way more than five minutes to created but I had fun doing it and will probably do more like it, especially after seeing all the great creations others came up with for this challenge. The top picture shows the card closed and the bottom picture shows it opened. Once again I used papers from Carla's great RAK.



This was a fast, easy one inspired by Nonie's Scraplift Challenge.



Another fast and easy one was inspired by Wendy's Card Sketch Challenge.



Amiee's Trimming the Tree Challenge had me stumped for a while but I'm pleased with what I came up with.



I had great fun with Carla's Non-Traditional Christmas Card Challenge. I used another of the many stamped images Carla sent me in the RAK. The top picture shows the front of the card and the bottom one shows the inside.



Had great fun with Aimee's Frosty Footprints Challenge! The challenge was to trace a child's foot print and to use the trace to make a snowman for the front of a card. I also used a technique my sister told me about. I glued a used dryer sheet onto the footprint and sprinkled it with glitter. I used some bling for the eyes and buttons, some ricrac for the scarf and cut out a hat. I also cut a piece of white paper to make a snow bank and cut out a couple of trees from another paper to put on the snow bank.



Here's another fun one inspired by Carla's Pop-Up Christmas Card challenge. I cut a tree out of a patterned paper to use as the pop-up and made a fun card to give someone who had their tree fall over on them last season. The picture on the left shows the front of the card and the right shows the inside.



I'll post about the other crop and my creations for it tomorrow, hopefully, right now little one needs my attention.

4 comments:

Jean Marie said...

Oh my gosh these cards are awesome...looks like you had tons of fun this weekend.
Love the trim the tree....bling looks Great!!
and the snowman is so clever an idea ...like that you took it a step further with the dryer sheets!!!Awesome job Jacqueline:)!

Scrappy Cats Designs said...

Great Christmas cards - really gotta get working on mine!

Anonymous said...

Ah! I love these cards! Especially the snowman one - I have a serious weakness for snowmen, lol! And to use a dryer sheet - how ingenious is that??! Kudos to your sister for that creative idea and kudos to you for making it look so awesome!!
All of your cards are wonderful and inspirational, you really did an awesome job!

Cami said...

love these cards - wow, you've been busy! Look at all the fun stuff you've posted lately!