Saturday, October 13, 2007

Originally Posted October 4, 2007

I've had a great week of creating! I am so hooked on cards! Creative Crafts and Stickers has a card contest happening on their board leading up to Card Making Day, which is October 6, so I've been making cards like crazy. I did, however, manage to get a couple of layouts done too.

Well searching the web for card making ideas I found this great tutorial on how to make a neat buckle card. I had to give it a try and I love how it turned out!

Here's the front of the card:



and here's what it's like opened up:



Carla's October Scraplift Challenge over at ScrapShotz was to scraplift a card. Here's what I did for that:



Carla also does weekly card sketch challenges. Here's what I did for this week's sketch:



I made both of the cards above specifically to fit into a normal letter size envelope. I hated making cards and not having envelopes to fit them so I decided to start making them to fit envelopes that I had on hand. I actually love how they turned out.

I also decided to line envelopes for the cards that I made to fit in business size envelopes. I really love how they turned out. Here's pictures of the cards with the envelopes:





Last month at ScrapShotz Carla had a Card Box challenge complete with instructions on how to make a box to store your cards in. I didn't make it in time for the challenge but I just had to make one. I love my card box and it is now almost full of cards that I've made.



Every Sunday on Creative Crafts and Stickers blog Tara posts a sketch puzzle. These are so much fun. You have to put together the puzzle to find out what the sketch challenge is for that week. Last week's sketch puzzle was a beautiful sketch by Allison Cope. Here's the layout that I did based on that sketch:



We also played another game of layout tag at Creative Crafts and Stickers recently. I just love layout tag! Especially the way they play it at Creative Crafts and Stickers. If they get enough people they divide them into teams and there's a race to see which team can finish first. My team didn't win this time but it was still lots of fun. I love seeing all the different creations. Here's what I dis inspired by the latest layout tag game:



Unfortunatley the layout is done on a white background and that makes it hard to really see where the layout starts and ends against the white background of the blog. I may try to do something about that later.

No comments: