Saturday, October 13, 2007

Originally Posted October 12, 2007

What a wonderful day yesterday was! I was not feeling the greatest physically, coming down with a bug of some sort, but, boy, was I feeling good emotionally! It was a day full of wonderful surprises, all from my great friends at Creative Crafts and Stickers.

Earlier in the week I found out that I won the World Card Making Day contest that they had, but yesterday I found out what the prize was for winning. For quite some time now there has been a buzz on the board about an upcoming book release. Catherine, of Scrapbook and Cards Today (a wonderful "free to consumer" Caanadian based magazine, available in both paper and digital format) has been working on a book, Simply Cards Today. Jen, owner of Creative Crafts and Stickers, was taking preorders for the book and I really badly wanted one. Wednesday she posted some sneak previews of the book which made me want it even more. Well, yesterday Jen announced that the prize I am getting for being the lucky winner of their card contest is a copy of this book! I'm so excited!

My second wonderful surprise was from CC&S design team member Ally. Ally is an amazing scrapper and she also designs wonderful sketches. You can see some of her great work on her blog. Well, CC&S has recently started a kit club and I have been moaning and groaning on the board about how much I wanted to join but just couldn't see how it was possible financially right now, though their kits are quite reasonably priced. The CT have recently revealed the beautiful creations they made with October's Kit full of amazing products by Jenni Bowlin. Dear, sweet, Ally took it upon herself to send me October's kit as an early (very early as my birthday is not til March) birthday present! I couldn't believe it when DH came home with a pizza box for me and when I opened it to see what was inside.

Then, number three surprise was when I got an email from Tara, another CC&S CT, asking if she could feature my newest layout on the CC&S's blog! Every week, on Sunday, Tara posts a fun sketch puzzle. This week the puzzle wasn't actually a sketch, but an poster announcement of an upcoming crop. I decided to use the poster as inspiration for a layout, and Tara liked what she saw. :) I was honored that she wanted to feature it. I'll post the layout, and information about it later.

What a great day! Thanks to all my friends at CC&S! What a great, fun bunch!

No comments: