Saturday, October 13, 2007

Originally Posted October 5, 2007

Earlier this week Jen posted an October Kit challenge at ScrapShotz. Much as I wish I could join their kit club I just can't find the extra $40 a month in the budget to do it. It's not that I don't think it's worth the money. It actually looks like it's more than worth the money. Included in the kit this month is an acrylic circle album which really has me drooling over it, especially after seeing the beautiful creations the DT at ScraptShotz (Kathy, Wendy, Nonie, Carla, Heidi) have made with it.

Anyway, I got way off topic there. What I wanted to share was that Jen's challenge was a 10 Picture Sketch Challenge. I just loved the sketch for this and planned on using it, even though I didn't have the kit to use the papers and supplies needed to fulfill the challenge properly. Then, joy of joys, the next day I discovered that the same sketch was their blog sketch challenge this week! Yippeee!!

I've been struggling all week trying to figure out which pictures to use for this sketch and it finally came together today. Every summer there are these street preformers, called Buskers, that come to the city for a weekend. Usually DD#1 goes in to visit with my sister and check out the preformers. This year DS#2, his girlfriend, little one and I decided to join them too. Well, there was a bit of a mix up and the only ones that actually got to see the preformers were DS#2, his girlfriend and DD#2. DD took loads of pictures for us though. Only problem was she took so many pictures of the first two performances that the batteries ran out and that's all she got! It was funny. Anyway, she took some great pictures that I wasn't really sure what to do with, but they work perfectly with this challenge. I picked 10 of the pictures to use. I decided to do a digi and all the elements I used are by April Staker, but I did recolor them. Here's what I created:

No comments: