Saturday, October 13, 2007

Originally Posted October 8, 2007

Did you know that Saturday was World Card Making Day? I started celebrating early. :) I arrived at my sister's house for the weekend on Friday night. I quickly checked the boards for challenges and sketches for inspiration and then we set to work. Sisterhood of Scrap had been posting card challenges and sketches all week and ended with an extra flood of them on Saturday. I managed to do most of their challenges and actually just found out that I won a RAK for completing and posting the most to their blog this week! Creative Crafts and Stickers also had a flood of card challenges on Saturday. I didn't manage to get them all done but I sure had fun with the ones I did get done. I'm still hoping to get to the others. My darling sister took a while to get motivated this weekend but she sure made some beautiful cards once she got going. I'm not posting her's her today because she joined a board or two this weekend and I'm hoping she's going to post them herself, then I'll post them here.

Here's what I created this weekend:



This one was inspired by the weekend sketch challenge over at ScrapShotz.



I actually gave this one away yesterday. My aunt had 22 of us family members over to her house for Thanksgiving Dinner, so I made this card especially for her. It is one of two based on a sketch challenge by Ally at Creative Crafts and Stickers.



This one was based on the other sketch in Ally's sketch challenge.



One of Mel's challenges was to use ornaments on a card.



Mel's second challenge was to make a card for your special someone. I made a Thank-you card for DH because he kept little one occupied this weekend so that I could play.



This is one of three cards inspired by Jess's challenge to make money/gift certificate holder cards. She included some great instructions with her challenge. These are so fun and easy to make! I ended up making three because I wanted to make one to fit a normal letter size envelope and it took me three tries to get it right. :) I will probably post the measurements and instructions for that here in the next day or so if anyone is interested.

Here are the other two cards inspired by this challenge:





The design on the front of that last one is based on a sketch by Deanne Burton and was sketch challenge #4 at the Sisterhood of Scrap Blog.



This one was also inspired by one of Deanne's sketches, sketch #5 in their World Card Making day sketch challenges at their blog.

No comments: